Friday, May 18, 2007

A breakthrough!

I know I already posted today, and one doesn't want to go overboard with this whole thing. BUT, I've been having a cruddy day involving banging my knee into things (HARD), spilling liquids on papers, and other minor disasters, along with frustrations in summer job searches and pre-dissertation work. So, being frustrated all around, I decided to do something else that's always frustrated me (because I'm a genius, and that makes perfect sense): spin on a drop spindle. I don't know why I can spin on a wheel, but drop spindling always makes me want to throw things. Anyway, inspired by Kristi over at Knitters Anonymous, armed with some of her advice and my own decision to stop using the cheap, learner's wool and go nuts with silk, I came up with this:



Yowza! I don't know what happened, except that maybe caring about what came of the fiber made me do better? It's so nice and even, I couldn't be happier. Yay!

No comments: