Thursday, July 26, 2007

I feel like the seven dwarves...

or at least Sleepy, Dopey, Grumpy, and maybe Doc. I forget the rest of their names, actually, and the heat is making me much too lazy to look them up. See what happens when I ride my bike to school in 95 degree weather, and then actually do my schoolwork (because I realize my next meeting with my advisor is in ONE week and not two)? Sigh.

So, a short post today - before I go collapse in front of the fan again. One Eleanora sock is finished, and the other done up to the heel flap. I love these socks:

Look at the patterned toe:

I felt a little resentful when I was working on the toe late at night that I had to continue to pay attention to the pattern/decreases longer than usual, but I do think that the result is stunning. Yay for Eleanoras!

Brief knitting notes, unaccompanied by pictures:
1) On chart 10 of the Hidcote garden shawl! Just 21 rows and a bind-off to go, Mom!

2) Sockergirl asked in the comments about the Parashoot socks and how I changed the pattern to look like it's (apparently) supposed to. The only real important change is that where the written pattern says 'slip 1, k2tog, psso', which makes a left leaning double decrease, I used 'slip 2, k1, p2sso', which makes a centered double decrease as shown in the picture for the Parachute pattern (in More Sensational Knitted Socks).

Finally, I'll close with a familiar sight around here - yes, she sleeps like this:

3 comments:

Shannan said...

Your sock looks great! I often think about carrying the pattern onto the toe, but I'm way too lazy for that. :o)

Zarzuela said...

They look so awesome! I'm going to have to add this pattern to my queue (like it isn't long enough already ;)). Your kitty is too cute!

Jessica

bookwoman said...

Gorgeous! I totally want a pair of Eleanoras now.